The Riggs Report

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Grandma & Grandpa Visit

My grandparents came to visit us from Cedar City, UT. They like to plan these secret visits where they just pop into town and no one know they are coming! We absolutely love spending time with them.

This visit we met for a family dinner at Monti's in Tempe. We had a private room since our group included 7 children under the age of 6. We tend to get a little noisy. I think Grandma and Grandpa were a little overwhelmed with us but it was a great time.

Then we met them at their hotel restaurant for lunch the following day and found out that the restaurant was having karaoke that night. So, we had to come back for some singing fun! My grandpa has been singing practically his whole life in many choirs and he has a beautiful voice. So, we had to make him sing for everyone there. He did a great job with a tiny bit of help from us. This is a memory I will treasure forever!

The following day they did what they always do and made a sneaky exit out of town. Grandma always says she doesn't want to wear out her welcome. But they never could we only wish we could see them more often.

1 comment:

  1. Fun times!! I'm so glad you took photos that night, I was feeling awful about not taking a single picture while Grandma and Grandpa were down! I might have to snag a few for my own blog now... if I ever feel motivated enough to update it! I'm so happy we could all get together with them, considering the short notice! It was so worth it!!

    ReplyDelete